Of course we made a playlist for the haze. How else could we have commemorated and culturally monumentalised this historical high in our island’s haziness?
Now that things are starting to look like they’re clearing up (fingers crossed), it’s time to dance in the breathable air with some hazy tunes. Also, in the future, when your children ask what the 2013 haze was like, you can simply show them this. We’ve got you covered.
(We might have had a bit too much fun choosing the puns in this list… oh what joy you can have while staying indoors.)
1. Daughter / Smoke
2. Billy Joel / We Didn’t Start The Fire
3. Deep Purple / Smoke On The Water
4. Crystal Castles / Suffocation
5. Kanye West / Dark Fantasy
6. Oasis / Gas Panic!
7. Maroon 5 / Harder To Breathe
8. Ty Segall / Sad Fuzz
9. Whitest Boy Alive / Burning
10. Jon Hopkins / Breathe This Air
11. Bastille / Things We Lost In The Fire
12. Actress / Hazyville
13. Tamaryn / Haze Interior
14. Air Supply / Strong, Strong Wind
15. Die Antwoord / Baby’s On Fire
16. Pink Floyd / Goodbye Blue Sky
17. Pure X / Heavy Air
[youtube width=”457″ height=”343″]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDZpcfnKQYjOoNG7zBE1tret11y4uwb2e[/youtube]
By Zixin Lin